District ID: Username and Password
|Site:||SD63 Online Collaboration Hub|
|Course:||District ID and Password Information|
|Book:||District ID: Username and Password|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Sunday, 19 February 2017, 5:44 PM|
Table of contents
District Account Creation
Accounts are automatically created for all users at the District level.
It is possible that there will be a delay in accounts being created while paperwork moves through the system.
New accounts should be created in less than 72 hours.
Where does the District ID work?
A "District ID" covers the following applications
- School Networks: Linux and Windows
- School Websites (Moodle)
- The HUB (Moodle)
- G Suite (GAFE)
- Terminal Server
It does not cover MyEdBC
District ID: Usernames explained
The "username" is always...the characters preceding @sd63.bc.ca in your email address
If your name is John Smith, your username is...jsmith or johnsmith
It is never john_smith or j_smith and it does not include Capital letters.
District ID: Password Rules
- At least 6 characters (8 or more is preferred)
- At least 1 special character ie !,$,%
- At least 1 number
Forgot your Password?
District IT staff and School Techs will NEVER ask for your password.
To reset a forgotten password you must...
For all of the following items...
- School Servers
- School Websites
- The HUB
- G Suite (GAFE)
- See your school site tech
- Call HELPDESK 250-652-7336
- Go to the Login Screen for MyEd BC and click "I Forgot My Password" to fix the issue yourself
If you are unable to fix the issue
- Call 250-652-7336
How to change your own password
In your Web Browser (Google Chrome, Firefox etc)
1. Navigate to https://login.sd63.bc.ca/
2. Login using your District ID
3. Click on Password
4. Type in Current Password and New Password (Rules) Click Submit
Removing Remembered Passwords
Browsers often prompt users to remember passwords for web applications. This can be a problem when users change these passwords because the browser may not update to the new password.
When users have changed their District ID password they may get the following message when using Google Chrome.
Chrome needs to learn the new District ID password to update the Login Keyring.
Follow the steps below to correct this issue
1. Click Cancel on the pop-up message above
2. Close Google Chrome
3. Click on the DASH Home and begin typing "key" or "password"
5. Right-Click on the word "Login" under Passwords
IF you remember your old password you can click "Change Password"
IF you cannot remember your old password then click "Delete"
6. Open Google Chrome
7. Login to one of the following....G Suite, Moodle, Zimbra
8. You may be asked to enter your new password one more time