Checklist for adding New Staff
Checklist for Staff Changes
- Add/Remove Non-LDAP User Accounts (Not staff or students)
- Add/Change users in Cohorts
- Add/Change Support Staff Contact Information
- Add/Change Teacher's Course Category
- Grant Teacher Course Creator rights for Category
1. Adding User Accounts
- Accounts for staff and students are autocreated when they login
- Manual accounts (PAC) put in a helpdesk ticket with first and lastname and email address
- Manual account users will need to use an alternative link to login after Moodle 2.8
- Site Administration > Users > Accounts > Cohorts > add/remove > (Person icon)
- NOTE: Staff should be added and removed from these lists. Linked to access to Staff Room pages and forced email notifications on certain forums.
3. Add/Change Support Staff Contact Information
- Edit in School Information page
- Right click to access table editing functions
4. Add/Change Teacher's Course Category
- Create Category for New Teacher
- Site Administration > Courses > add/edit courses > Courses/Teachers > Add a New Category
- Category Name* convention LASTNAME, Firstname (School dependent)
- Description (Holds Contact Information) "Edit Category” you will see this only as a guest.
- Copy another person's description
- Alpha sort Teacher Category - repetitive clicking on green arrow will allow multiple jumps.
5. Grant Teacher Course Creator rights for Category
- Site Administration > Courses > add/edit courses > Teachers / EXAMPLE, Teacher.
- Settings > Assign roles > Add teacher to Course Creator Role
- NOTE: Course creator rights means the teacher will give themselves TEACHER rights to any course they create in their category.
Last modified: Wednesday, 3 December 2014, 4:18 PM