What does Intune do?
Allows management of a group of iPads with the same settings
Allows Apps to be added all at once
Apps can only be removed remotely by the IT Department
- iPads at each school are grouped into “like” devices. You will need to know the group name for the iPads you are requesting Apps be added to.
- Ex: CART01, Primary, Elementary, French, etc...
- iPads now follow a new naming scheme that is similar to the computers and printers in the schools.
- [School Code] - [CART/Department/Room] - [Classfication: Shared iPad, Designated iPad, Classroom iPad] - [Number 01-99]
- Ex: E002CART01SI01 = "Brentwood CART 01 Shared iPad 01"
- Names can be found on the iPads under Settings, General, and About. If the name doesn't follow the above format please contact the helpdesk to correct it.
Volume Purchase Program (VPP)
We purchase apps in bulk when we can, and will often qualify for a discount. This usually works out to about 50% though there are Apps that don’t have a discount.
You can inquire about the discount price by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and providing a link to the app (see below for example). Discounted prices are no longer visible to the public and can only be accessed by the IT department.