New Employee Health and Safety Training
Welcome to Saanich Schools!
Before you can start work, you will need to complete the following training to learn about our safety policies and procedures, learn how to administer epinephrine, and learn about the safe use and handling of hazardous materials in the workplace. See below for how to return your completion certificate/sheets.
Step 1 - Complete the Health and Safety Orientation
- Access our online course: New Employee Health & Safety Orientation On-Line Training For more information about username/password and other course details, click: HSO Detailed Instructions
- Return a copy of your completion certificate.
Step 2 - Complete the Anaphylaxis Awareness Training
Required for all employees except Custodians, Maintenance and Grounds Workers.
- Watch the video: How to Use Epipen Auto-Injector
- Review SD63 Anaphylaxis in Schools and Administering Medication to Students policies and procedures: Admin Procedure 316 Administering Medication, Admin Procedure 317 Anaphylaxis in Schools, Admin Procedure 403 Responding to Allegations of Intimidation and Harassment
- Sign and return the completion sheet: Anaphylaxis Awareness Signature Sheet
Step 3 - Submit your First Aid Certification
Some positions require Emergency First Aid Certification. Bring your Certification Card to Human Resources/Health and Safety to have a copy made for your employee record. If you require First Aid training, register for a course then advise Human Resources/Health and Safety of your registration date. Click here First Aid Training providers for a list of training providers.
Step 4 - Check Site Procedures
If you work in multiple locations, when you arrive be sure to check with each school to learn about site-based occupational first aid attendants, fire wardens, muster stations, and evacuation procedures.
Return your completion certificate/sheets promptly:
- scan/email to email@example.com or
- fax to 250-652-6421 or
- deliver to the Saanich School Board Office, 2125 Keating Cross Rd.
Human Resources is not able to create your new employee record until your health and safety completion forms are submitted. We appreciate receiving red highlighted items as soon as possible.